Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School.....And a moose

A moose we saw in the canyon
Big 5th grader
They are growing fast..
Bryce ready for first grade..




So my kids started school August 18th which is strange to me....so early! I remember we went back the Thurs. after Labor Day. Well the first day I took the kids and showed Taylor where to pick up Bryce to grab the bus.....and as I walked out of the building I almost burst into tears! lol Which is HILARIOUS because I am NOT an emotional person! But it hit me that for the first time in almost 11 years I will not have at least a child with me.... Now let's be honest. Pre-school and kindergarten, well it's just a tease of 3 hours....and DOES NOT prepare you for all day...so the first week I spent in a bit of a fog....feeling like I was constantly forgetting something. Today I was at Home Depot (for an hour) and when the salesman was helping me for that full hour it was a whole new experience!!!!!! I was not saying thru gritted teeth "get off that, NOW" or "please stop hitting your brother/sister" and it hit me that I am really going to enjoy this new freedom. Now I have been entertaining the idea of another baby..but I think that was in the "fog" of the first week! And I look forward to when they get home because I have missed them all day...I think I may become a much better mom! ha ha
As for news with us......We are now officially homeowners!!!!!!! We move in this Sat. I am so excited! We will have a big back yard for the kids and the dog. We have some painting and need to replace the carpets in the bedrooms but it is OURS!!!!! We have seriously looked at 30 homes...and this was not what we were expecting our first house to be like but as soon as we walked thru I knew it was for us. I am not the person who wants the huge house and I don't like vaulted ceilings and I love that this house feels like the house I grew up in.....perfect! So I will Take pictures as we get the moving going and post them on here soon....Love to you all!

10 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for you guys!! Banning works but I will be around on Saturday what can I do to help?? I can't wait to see it and you better invite us over or I will cry. I can't believe the kids are back in school crazy, I like the ideaof a new baby in your house though.. Hey and we saw that mousse too on Saturday, well maybe not THAT one. We miss you guys! One more thing email me that recipe!!...

lramey said...

brent will be around to help I think---i will too, but I don't know if me, and 3 kids is really help...more like- send tay and bryce to my house...plan?ok! Well, unless brent goes to st. george- i will be calling!

you should invite us and stephens over at the same time?! what a novel idea!

i also ditto the idea of a new baby in your house---c'mon- get pregnant when I do, and we can do it together....nevermind, i don't want to be pregnant with skinny you-

talks soon! we will so miss you guys around!!!!!!!

Murray Family said...

Congrats on the house! That is so exciting! We will sure miss Taylor though :(. I love that girl!

McLerran Family said...

Congrats on the new house and the new freedom! Sounds like all kinds of fun!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! I'm glad you found something that you love, and will make you happy. Can't wait to see it & you guys!
Luv Ya!

Jaime Stephens said...

waiting patiently for pictures of the house or a stephens/ramey invite :-) I like that idea too....

McCartneys said...

Awesome....where are you moving to?

Kensie said...

Congrats on the house that is so exciting...I'm so happy for you. I can not believe that Taylor is in 5th grade, last year went so fast

Jessi said...

your kids are TOO BIG! STOP IT! I AM NOT THAT OLD!!

Heather Anne said...

Oh my gosh.... I know exactly how you feel... I spent the first week this school year in a weird daze too. It was so weird to not have someone to tote around with me all day. Honestly I really miss having Krystian home.... she was kind of my shopping pal, but she LOVES school, so I'll get over it!!! I finally took a job just so I could be occupied during the day! I must be insane! :)