Monday, April 14, 2008

The Zoo....and a good reminder..

Well it is Spring! We took our first trip to the zoo on Saturday. The weather was perfect and we had fun, fun, fun!!! Ice cream and kettle corn completed the trip. Taylor brought one of her friends from school named Cynthia. She is from Mexico and is so sweet. She was telling us how her family went back home for 2 months and planted on their land. I asked her what it was like and where she liked living better. She said Mexico because most of her family still lives there. I was struck by how at such a young age she was so humble. She lives in a trailer type home with 10 of her family members. Her parents and brothers and a sister in law and 2 babies. It is crazy for her to see all the big houses and she couldn't understand how families with 1 or 2 kids had these huge houses. In Mexico if they want hot water it gets heated by the sun. We have so much here that we take for granted everyday. I am so grateful to my husband for all his hard work. I never want to be one of "those people" who want more and more...no matter how much money we have. I don't want to keep up with my neighbors..competing. And I am grateful to a 10 year old girl who reminded me of how much we really have......

1 comment:

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

That is great Sarah.. seriously. :) I love when I have a reality check.. you're awesome! Thanks for posting this, it is good to think about. Crazy that she is so young and mature!