Monday, January 21, 2008

My brush with fame in Park City....

Yesterday we loaded into the car and went to Park City after church. The Sundance Film Festival is going on so we decided to head up. I knew it was going to be a good day because it we actually got a parking spot right on Main Street! That hardly ever happens when there is nothing going on.... Well we begin to walk and the first person we saw was Jared Leto ( I did love him on My So Called Life back in the day). He was about 3 inches taller then I and about 10 lbs lighter!! ha ha well maybe not the last part but he was wearing alot of eyeliner (more than any girl should EVER wear) and his little sisters jeans!! Man do I hate that style and hope it does not make it's comeback when my son is old enough to want to do it! So then Taylor and I went off in search of a steamed soy milk and here comes Ian Ziering (Steve Sanders to all you non- Beverly Hills 90210 fans) and I can actually say I got checked out by him in a non discrete way and although I should be flattered...I was a little creeped out instead. Nothing quite beats getting leered at alittle!!! But the best part of the day was this.....Marc and Bryce are in the car waiting and when Tay and I get back he says did you see ---- ------ right there? Well Bryce hears her first name and jumps out of the car (she was standing there talking to 3 other women) and runs and grabs her arm and she turns down to see who it is..(he had a pre-school teacher with the same first name)and he realizes it isn't her and runs back to us....Well she comes over to our car and yes...it's Jodi Foster!!! I about passed out as she comes over to talk to us.....She was so incredibly nice!!!! And just laughing at Bryce who is now mad to learn she is NOT "Miss Jodi" his favorite teacher from last year. And dummy me forgot we actually brought a camera!!!! But I was also impressed at how pretty in person she is. And such kind eyes...Again she was soooo nice!!!! Alot of people were all decked out in furs and heels, mini skirts.... (hello! it's a SKI resort town WHAT are you thinking??) but there she was just talking to all the people that broke into her conversation hanging out in jeans and a parka and gracious to all.....( ah I love Agent Starling all the more...(Silence of the Lambs))..And let me say that Bryce was a BIG hit there..Yes we did bring back the mohawk....even some talent agency stopped him and took his pic holding one of there signs....all up and down the street people were making comments...so funny! We had a great day! Park City is so beautiful in the winter......

7 comments:

lramey said...

I am SOOOO jealous of you!!!! I was wondering where you disappeared to you lil ditcher. THere I was all piano'd out, and you're up in Park City hobknobbing with the peeps!!! JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

thou shalt not covet...

Jessi said...

Thats awesome! We went up yesterday too! and ran into Tim Daly (Grey's and now Private Practice.. and back in the day.. he was Joe on Wings ha ha) and also Colin Firth (Pride & Prejudice, Bridget Jones) who we actually saw a few times and said hi to a few times. Don't you love Park City around this time?! So fun!

McLerran Family said...

So fun!! I've never met anyone famous!! That's awesome that Jodi Foster was so nice.

Jaime Stephens said...

That is awesome!!! We miss you guys...

CHUNTZ said...

sheesh woman youre a big deal!

ambercarlson said...

I just wanted to say hi, introduce myself to Sarah, and say congratulations on your cute family. The kids are adorable! I stumbled on your blog through an old family friends... Anyway, hope you don't mind me saying hello :)

Give Marc a hug from the Craig family!

Amber Carlson
www.carlsoncru.blogspot.com

Stained Glass Brockton said...

Good sshare