Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Drive






We took our Sunday drive today out thru Eagle Mountain to Tooele (too-will-a)stopping at Saltair on The Great Salt Lake..... the water was warm and STINKY!!!!! It was funny to walk out to the water. The ground had so much salt on it, it was crunchy when we walked. It sounded like broken glass. I love our Sunday drives. I look forward all week to them! And we never know where we will end up. That's the part I like!
Last night we went and watched fireworks outside the BYU stadium. Carrie Underwood performed and we could hear her from time to time. I LOVE her. But not enough to sit for hours in that stadium. I did it years ago when Tay was a baby and it was the LONGEST time EVER!!!!! So I am more than happy to just watch the fireworks at the end of Stadium of Fire. The kids love going. Last night they kicked the soccer ball around and Taylor and Marc threw the football. I love to sit and people watch. It is a tradition we do every year. And I love July because the 24th is Pioneer Day and we always head to SLC and watch the parade. We go to the same spot every year.
I can't believe we are already into July. June flew by! Bryce did a great job at reading camp. He LOVED Scout Camp. Taylor went to girls camp (first year) and had so much fun. We missed her but knew she would have an amazing time.... and she did.
Other than that we are still plugging along with day to day summer stuff. I am still hitting the gym Mon. thru Fri. Tay babysits her brother and makes a little extra cash in the mornings. We bought a summer pass to the rec pool and have gone a few times. That is always fun. We are going camping in a few weeks with some of our in~laws and we can't wait. I am still trying to make it back home to Michigan with Taylor before she starts school... Looks like Aug. will be the month. I am teaching the 12 year olds Sunday School and absolutly adore my kids! Marc is in young mens and the boys LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!!! He is also staying busy with work. And again, with so many out of work we are truely greatful and feel so blessed. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as we are!!!!

No comments: