Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yesterday my children had the day off from school. I decided to take them up to Salt Lake City to the viewing of our beloved Prophet..President Gordon B. Hinkley. What an awesome experience. We waited outside in line for over an hour. Then once inside again waited in the conference center until it was our time to walk past the Prophet. As soon as I stepped into that room I was so over come with emotion that I will always remember. In my entire life I have never felt the Spitit so strong as I did in that room. I know his spirit was there. As we left the room Bryce asked me "Mom did you feel the spirit in there?" I said "Yes I did. Did you?" He said yes and when I asked him how it made him feel he replied "Really good." And I must say my children were on their very best behavior that whole time. When walking out the woman who was behind us told me how impressed she was with how well behaved my children were. I know that it is an experience they will never forget. As I watched the television broadcast of his funeral I was struck again by how many truly loved this great man. He will be forever missed by many...but what it must be like for him to be reunited with his sweet wife again! He missed her so much and his love for her was so stong and so pure. I know I will never be able to sing or hear "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" without tearing up and remembering this wonderful man .....

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I am so jealous you went up there! Justin had school and I worked and I was so mad!! But, reading what you wrote gave me a little piece of the experience you had and I imagined that's exactly how it would've been. Thank you for writing that. I love you Sarah! Thanks for always being an example to me! Even when I was completely nuts! ha ha